LQ Toronto Forums  

Go Back   LQ Toronto Forums > Madina Arabic Books > Where to go after the Madinah Books?

Old 07-21-2011, 06:25 PM

Default Finished madina book 3!

Salaam Alaikum brothers and sisters

I have finally finished madina book 3 thanks to the mercy of Allah (swt).

I would like to thank all those at LQ Toronto for making this possible. Mashallah both the website and teaching has been excellent.

Studying from Brother Asif was very enjoyable and I completely share his passion for Arabic!

I would like to continue studying Arabic (ajroomayah) after Ramadhan inshallah.

Again thank you all so much for your efforts, I make dua that Allah (swt) rewards you greatly for your hardwork both in this life and in the hereafter.

Jazakallah Khair

Halema
Old 07-22-2011, 08:45 AM

Mabrookun Haza!!

I have also finished book 3 recently but feel that there is a long way to go before i can easily understand the Quran while reading or reciting. What is your opinion on this?

I am planning to start with the advanced course taught by Dr. Abdul Rahim, INSHALLAH. What are your plans?

All the best!
Old 09-07-2011, 12:52 PM

wa alaikissalaam.
starting with advance course taught by shaykh is better. i dont know about ajroomayah. but there are alot of new interesting concepts in his 4th book. and also in his videos he refreshes some old concepts when he feel that students are not getting the new ones. so for this reason he ask questions of the level of madina books. and it helps us to revise our previous learning.

and CONGRATULATIONS to both of you my sister and brother!

Last edited by hassan; 09-07-2011 at 01:08 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:03 PM
Administrator

Assalamu Alaikum,
Dr. Abdur Rahim recommends the:
"A word for word meaning of the Qur'an" by Muhammad Mohar Ali.
for those that have completed the course and would like to add some more vocabulary from the Qur'an.
Wasalam
Old 09-09-2011, 10:11 AM

Default comment.

Baarakallahu fiikum,

congratulation for sisters and brothers who had finished the book 3.

My self still in dars 23 of books 3 alhamdulillah.

I just have a suggestion for you who had passed the book 3, why dont we try to learn ulumuddiin which is normally written in arabic, such as kutubus sittah (hadits) kitaabut tauhid , kitaabul fiqh etc.

May Allah open our heart and fill it with hidayah.
May Allah increase our knowledge from there then we will do a lot of things valueable to our family and others near us.

Wassalamu alaikum.
Priyadi Abu Ilham
Old 09-10-2011, 02:05 AM

wa alaikumussalam and jazakallahu khairan.

for me brother, its little bit difficult to understand fiqh books at this stage. after completing book 3 i tried to start reading a book by imam ibn-e-taymiyyah (rahimahullah) named رفع الملام عن الأئمة الأعلام. but then i felt that its better to revise the concepts again and do some further study on arabic language . so i decided to study more books written by dr. abd-ur-raheem.
but alhamdulillah i read quran daily by going deep into it. and i also have a hadith book "riyad-us-saliheen".
Old 09-11-2011, 10:27 PM

Default Good tips

A famous sheikh named Shaikh Salih Uthaymeen has many books available online with Audio entirely in Arabic. His website is http://www.ibnothaimeen.com/index.shtml. His books are in pure Fusha Arabic and are excellent for increasing your vocabuarly. Its important to go through simple arabic texts like Usuul Thalata which contain alot of Quranic Ayah's. Also the books recommended like Noor ul Yaqeen are also excellent to use and revise grammar terms. The key is to immerce your self in the language as much as possible and always keep a dictionary handy to look up words at short notice when u hear some. Also listing to Audio lectures are excellent as you will get used to hearing Arabic expression terms. Its always difficult at first as soon as you finish the madinah course but you have to go through the phase of adapting your self into the language. Listen to Arabic talks that are in Fusha and by reputable scholars like Shaikh Uthaymeen and others and read their simple books slowly and keep a notepad to write down new words. The Hadeeth book by Shaikh Dr Abdur Raheem is amazing and I highly recommend it. Shaikh Uthaymeen has an explanation of the famous grammar book Al Ajromiyah which he goes into great detail in explaining grammar terms that are taught in the Madinah course and he explains it in 100% arabic which is also good for increasing ur strength in the rules and immersing your self in the language. If u listen to the Audio of these talks which are available online by Shaikh Uthaymeen and others like I said before you will be immersing ur self in the language and getting stronger The resources available are abundant, its all about selecting any of them and the key thing is TAKING ACTION and using the dictionary and look up those words and immerse your self as much as possible and do this regularly and eventually a time will come where you will see improvement in ur language skills and ur life will change as you learn more about Islam and the Quran Inshallah. A great arabic to arabic dictionary is Mu3jam al Waseet which is excellent in immersing your self in the language and greatly increasing ur vocabulary, you can use it to compliment English Arabic dictionaries like Hans Wehr. Shaikh Uthaymeens excellent books are available in Saudi Arabia so if Allah gives you the opportunity to visit Makkah and Madinah for Umrah then be sure to ask for his books in local bookshops but Im sure many of his books are available in other countries and online. His books are very accessible and written in pure fusha and great for increasing your vocabulary plus increasing your knowledge of Islam and the Quran.

May Allah grant all the members of the LQToronto team and all of us success in this life and the next

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://thetalib.blogspot.com/

Last edited by tawheedtawheed; 09-11-2011 at 10:39 PM.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:41 PM

I want to thank Br. Asif, does anybody have his email address?
Old 12-30-2012, 06:03 PM
Administrator

Waalaikumu assalam
Any emails sent to "info at lqtoronto.com" are forwarded to Br. Asif and to Dr. Abdur Rahim.
To reach Br. Asif only write to " lugatulquran at hotmail.com".
Note replace "at" by appropriate sign.
Wassalaam