LQ Toronto Forums  

Go Back   LQ Toronto Forums > Madina Arabic Books > Classes Around the World

Old 11-12-2009, 09:48 PM
Administrator

Default Halwa puree

Assalaamu 'Alaykum Brothers and Sisters,

Here is a very cute tickling story of Sister Sadia's discovery of "Halwa Puree".

InshaAllah you will enjoy reading it and perhaps laughing a little bit over it.

Now I must introduce to you Sister Sadia, a long distance student (LDS) !!!

She is a dedicated, hard working and diligent student/teacher.

She has organized a unique Arabic Language class (once a week class) in her masjid in Delaware.

She ordered for the class Madina Books, Handouts and Key to answers to the exercises of Madina Books from LQToronto and received them.

There are around 14 students in the class (all sisters) and they meet every Thursday. She, along with other sister (Sister Naeema) act as moderators in the class.

The DVD of Madina Book is played in the class and is projected on a big screen and all the students watch the lesson (the dvd) being played on the big screen !!!

If any sister has a question about the lesson, the DVD is stopped and the point raised by the sister is explained by Sister Sadia and Sister Naeema.

Ma Sha Allah - they have completed four lessons in Book I.

Truly this is a very bold and unique approach to conducting an Arabic Language Class in a Masjid. Who knows that this story may prompt many other Sisters and Brothers in other cities to conduct similar Arabic Classes in this manner inshaAllah.

InshaAllah her efforts and Sister Naeema's efforts will definitely bear fruits and Allah swt will bless them with success in this noble approach to learn Arabic.

Ameen.

To: lugatulquran@hotmail.com
Subject: My story of Halwa Puree
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 23:00:30 -0500

Halwa Puree!

I never knew what Halwa Puree is! Yet, one thing I knew for sure - it must be a very popular comfort food for many!

I was going through the lectures of Br Asif Meherali. How I found him was yet another miraculous way of Allah SubhanAllah Taa'la's Guidance. I think I can share that too alongside with my story of Halwa Puree.

Well, it so happened that I decided to learn the language of the Quran, Arabic. It has been a top item on my "to do" list for many years, but couldn't really jot down a plan on how to start, where to begin with, or what to follow.

It was indeed an intention that Allah wanted to Guide with his incomprehensible Mercy. Being an internet based research kind individual, I was browsing for a good website that I can include in my blog.

I came across the website kalamullah.com during my research, but didn't have much time to go through it at first. Later, I was watching Huda TV (which we got to see via ISlam Box - another result of internet research).

In Huda TV, there is a program where they refer to good websites on Islamic Knowledge etc. The name kalamullah.com grabbed my attention from there, and I decided to go through it in detail.

The first thing in the website that gave me overwhelming joy is the treasure I found - The complete video tutorial of Arabic taught by a very humorous, very humble and seems to be a very good teacher. I came to know that his name is Asif Meherali.

The next things I did was I analyzed the whole course requirements, ordered the books, made a routine of following the lectures and started the course.

I became addicted to it. Everyday at least for half an hour I was following the lecture. Arabic seemed to be the easiest language to learn.

The next level of it was to share the journey with other sisters in our community together which is still going on Alhamdulillah.

Now let me come to my story of Halwa Puree.

I never knew what Halwa Puree was! But during my journey through the lectures, I heard about halwa puree so many times that the eagerness of tasting it may have grown in my subconscious mind.

This year, we had a big Eid jamaat at a convention hall and after the jamaat there were food stalls for breakfast. Many of us stood in the line after the Eid Salaat to get food from those stalls. Now the boxes were closed so I couldn't see what they had.

When my turn came, I asked - "Brother what do you have?" The response I heard was "Halwa Puree".

He went on speaking about other items, but i wasn't hearing anything else. I quickly raised the $5 and asked for the box of Halwa Puree as if it were the last box and someone would take it!

I felt like I was the happiest person there! I finally am getting to see what Halwa Puree is! Thank you Allah! It is the gift from You on this Eid Day! Alhamdulillah!

I sat under the tree, and opened the box! Ha HA HA! I laughed to myself! My 2 year old son laughed at me seeing my laugh!

So this is HALWA PUREE! No wonder why Br Asif mentions about this! It's that easy!

Sadia Karim

Delaware, USA
Old 11-16-2009, 08:23 PM

bismiAllaah

Ma sha Allaahu tabara Allaah, that was a very touching article. I hope we take many lessons from this very beneficial story. With the Madinah books available on line on this website, along with the blessed dvds made by brother Asif Mehrali (may Allaahu ta'ala perserve him), and the many other resources, this is the chance for many Muslimoon to begin a similar class like the one mentined above so their communities may understand the words of their creator; may he be Glorified, and Exalted. This way each, and every single community will benefit; thus, the Muslim Ummah may/will understand, feel, implement, and teach what is learnt from the Glorious Qur'an.

May Allaahu ta'ala reward brother Asif Mehrali with many good deeds, and bless his work in this life, and most definatley in the hearafter wa baraka Allahu feek.:

Last edited by adilbarra; 11-18-2009 at 08:52 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:50 PM

Arrow

And how it lookss.... I am also interested....
Old 12-01-2009, 02:52 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mualim_ul_ilm View Post
And how it lookss.... I am also interested....
For Recipes:

http://www.angelfire.com/country/fau...uricholay.html
Old 12-06-2009, 01:07 PM

, nice to know.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:08 AM

Great Story - May Allah Bless You Sister...
Old 08-04-2012, 01:49 PM

I found this course via kalamullah.com too. masha Allah and I will never forget this for kalamullah.com
Old 04-30-2013, 02:13 PM

brought a good laugh...
jazak ALlaho khairan
Old 04-30-2013, 06:08 PM

I also found this course via kalamullah.com too. masha Allah.
Old 02-21-2017, 09:10 AM

Default hulwa puri

what a touching story!! i need to taste some too!!i once went to a through a entire supermarket trying to figure out what hulwa puri even looked like, after watching the dvds,i even researched it by looking at the cook books and stuff