LQ Toronto Forums  

Go Back   LQ Toronto Forums > Madina Arabic Books > Madina Arabic Book 3

Old 04-07-2012, 05:56 AM
Banned

Default my problem need help!

salam
Alhamdulillah I've been studying the madinah books and alhamdulillah I feel that I can do the i'raab of sentences where I can break the sentence down but I still have trouble understanding words at times and also when I'll read a sentence I'll get the gist but can't translate it exactly.

What am I doing wrong? has anyone gone through this phase? what are some suggestions you can give?

Jzk!
Old 04-07-2012, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waseemperacha View Post
salam
Alhamdulillah I've been studying the madinah books and alhamdulillah I feel that I can do the i'raab of sentences where I can break the sentence down but I still have trouble understanding words at times and also when I'll read a sentence I'll get the gist but can't translate it exactly.

What am I doing wrong? has anyone gone through this phase? what are some suggestions you can give?

Jzk!
assalamu alaikum.
nothing is going wrong brother. its normal because we are in learning phase. and we expect this from ourselves.
translating arabic text into your language needs much skills from you. and those skills comes from vocabulary, practice and knowledge of arabic. even after getting these skills, we cannot translate the text exactly in our native language. just take an example of arabic poetry. when we read it, we understand somehow the gist of the message it contains. but when we translate it then o man! we ruin its beauty. so if we can give this right to the poetry, that poetry is something which contains special type of beauty in it. then why dont we give some right to arabic text as well. it also has its own beauty which can be understandable but cannot be exactly translated.